Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A break from regular programming

Some of my fellow Goats haven't been having such a splendid start to 2010, so all the !new year! new decade! optimism has been a tad lost on me. There's just so much fuckery everywhere one looks, and frankly, it's hard to feel optimistic.

Then I read this:

Later, another child approached Judah and asked in a worried voice, “Your daddy died?”

Judah nodded.

“Does that mean he’s not coming back?”

Judah put his hand on the other child’s shoulder. “Yes, but it’s O.K.,” he said. “I’m alive. You’re alive. Want to play?”

Out of the mouths of babes, my friends. "It's OK. You're alive. I'm alive. Let's play."

Here's wishing good humour, good friends and a good dose of perspective to everyone this year.

Could I Forgive Him One Last Time? [NY Times]

[Link through Jezebel]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid (1) victim-blaming, (2) justifying any particular instance of oppression/exploitation, (3) explaining that we live in a post-feminist/racist/ablist/enter-oppression-here world, or (4) Mansplaining at all. Barn writers are free to moderate their own posts how ever they deem fit, and not obligated to entertain any comment. If you suspect it might seem offensive, don't comment.

(See our note on comments.)